Tips for a Safe and Successful Class
Your experience at J Draper Glass is valuable to us.
Here are some tips to prepare you for your lesson in the hot glass studio. We hope you have a blast with us and will continue to come back for more lessons. Safety is #1 with us.
Below will be the most important concerns to be aware of.
- Assume everything is hot. Listen to your instructor for tools to touch and places to stand when you are creating.
- Wear comfortable natural fiber clothing. Jeans and t-shirts are great.
- Wear flat close-toed shoes.
- Tie back long hair. Long hair is defined as anything that hangs forward or covers eyes.
- Anything that hangs away from the body (long necklaces, scarves, etc) should be left at home or removed before the class.
- Arrive well hydrated.
- If you have plans before or after your lesson, feel free to bring the appropriate attire and change at the studio.
- We will provide safety glasses, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- We look forward to providing you with a wonderful safe hot glass experience!
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy studio for our community. We have developed extra COVID-19 safety measures for students.
What YOU can do
- If you are sick, stay home
- Check your temperature before you come to the studio
- Use our sanitization station when you arrive
- Wear a mask
- Avoid touching your face
- For Classes: Bring a long sleeve shirt, safety glasses and your own water bottle
What WE are doing
- Providing sanitizing stations
- For Classes: Providing eyewear, allergy free gloves & a disposable mouthpiece for blown lessons.
- Increased cleaning protocols: tools, blow pipes, eyewear, chairs, door handles, iPad, credit card reader, bathrooms, and equipment.
- Spacing classes to thoroughly clean the studio between lessons.